Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to edit a label mapped by ExpressionLabelMapping?
How to edit a label mapped by ExpressionLabelMapping? [message #1036083] Sun, 07 April 2013 23:39 Go to next message
Vitaly Savickas is currently offline Vitaly SavickasFriend
Hi,

I would like to use Expression Label Mapping as it gives me the flexibility needed to constuct my label from two fields using OCL. However, when editing I only need to set one of the fields. Actually, I don't understand how editing with the Expression Label Mapping should work at all. There is no documentation and no explanation of what are the edit expression, edit constraint etc. Could you please give some information on it?

Cheers,
Vitaly
Re: How to edit a label mapped by ExpressionLabelMapping? [message #1036093 is a reply to message #1036083] Sun, 07 April 2013 23:58 Go to previous message
Vitaly Savickas is currently offline Vitaly SavickasFriend
Ok, I have found a little hint in the release notes http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_2.3_New_and_Noteworthy#2.3_M6.
For those who are interested: apparently, the edit expression just defines the static text visible when you press F2 to edit a label. The editing mechanism is not defined through the mapping, but by customising the generated updateValues() method in the corresponding XXXExpressionLabelParser class.

It's a bit shame that information on the new features of GMF is either missing or scattered all over the Internet, instead of being part of the API documentation:(

Cheers,
Vitaly

[Updated on: Mon, 08 April 2013 00:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Scrolling diagram nodes into view
Next Topic:Empty runtime Outline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 03:45:17 GMT 2024