Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to disconnect from a remote java application which is launched by Eclipse locally
icon10.gif  How to disconnect from a remote java application which is launched by Eclipse locally [message #1035741] Sun, 07 April 2013 10:16
Daniel Yeung is currently offline Daniel YeungFriend
Hi,
I just need remote debug my Swing application for focus related things, so I cannot use same PC for debug (the when break point hit, the focus switch to my debugger window temporarily, and many unrelated focus events fired).
I do know how to connect to a remote java application process by creating and launching a Remote Java Application launching profile, but now my question is, after I launched my Swing application in debug mode, the Eclipse Indigo don't allow me to disconnect from the java application, I want to free the debugger port and let another PC connect to it for remote debugging. From Eclipse pop up menu (by right clicking the Java process), the 'Disconnect' action is disabled, just like the attached screen dump, can anybody give me hints for disconnecting from the launched java application?

when I debug a server (like websphere application server), the 'disconnect' action is enabled, I cannot understand why Eclipse disable the action?

thanks for hints!

Daniel Yeung
Previous Topic:Spring IDE >ith eclipse
Next Topic:Ant file generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:55:08 GMT 2024