Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cross compiling with the Keil C166 tool chain
Cross compiling with the Keil C166 tool chain [message #1033644] Thu, 04 April 2013 13:25 Go to next message
Chris Isbell is currently offline Chris IsbellFriend
I am trying to use the Eclipse CDT with the Keil C166 cross compiler. Thus far, I have managed to produce a makefile project that compiles correctly. However, there are a number of remaining issues:

1. The Keil compiler supports a number of non-standard extensions specific to the procesor architecture.

2. The compiler command line input is nothing like GNU compilers.

E.g.:

c166 file.c MODV2 HLARGE WARNINGLEVEL (3) OPTIMIZE (8,SPEED) NOFIXDPP REORDER MODV2 DYNAMICUSRSTK DEBUG OBJECT(file.obj) INCDIR(./include) PRINT(file.lst)

3. The error output is also different.

E.g.:

file.c(2): error C67: 'z': undefined identifier

I have searched for information on integrating non-GNU cross compilers into the CDT, but have not come up with anything especially helpful. Any pointers and advice would be gratefully received.
Re: Cross compiling with the Keil C166 tool chain [message #1035269 is a reply to message #1033644] Sat, 06 April 2013 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Quote:
The error output is also different.

You can add your own error parse, go to:
Windows -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Settings

Maybe also check the Keil forum, for example:
http://www.keil.com/forum/19963/

regards,
Klaus

Re: Cross compiling with the Keil C166 tool chain [message #1035314 is a reply to message #1035269] Sat, 06 April 2013 17:41 Go to previous message
Chris Isbell is currently offline Chris IsbellFriend
Klaus Mr wrote on Sat, 06 April 2013 12:08
Quote:
The error output is also different.

You can add your own error parse, go to:
Windows -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Settings

Maybe also check the Keil forum, for example:
(Link removed)

regards,
Klaus

Unfortunately the Keil forum link appears to be about their ARM compiler. The C166 is a very different device. The error parser is the easy bit and it seems as if I will also need to extend the code analysis in the CDT as well.

My hope was that adding a compiler to the CDT would be relatively straightforward. However, the documentation I have read thus far suggests that it is in fact rather complex.

Any pointers as to where to start would be very useful. The documentation I have read assumes a much deeper understanding of the inner workings of Eclipse than I currently have.

Thanks,

Chris.
Previous Topic:installing GDB (Win)
Next Topic:CDT fails to find references of C struct members
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:12:52 GMT 2024