Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication for Local Updates(Establishing LAN Update Site)
p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication for Local Updates [message #1033017] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:20
Matt Fischer is currently offline Matt FischerFriend
Can anyone point me to a complete tutorial or documenation on setting up a local network update site.

I used the information from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Repository_Mirroring to successfully generate a folder with what appears to be the proper structure and files (i.e. features, plugins, artifacts.jar, contents.jar...), but when I host this on the local server I get a strange set of errors.

Eclipse finds the list of features / plugins hosted on the site, displays screen to accept the license, but when it actually goes to install it gives the following error:

Artifact XXX is a folder but the repository is an archive or remote location.

All of my Google searches turn up download the *.zip file and install manually. This isn't very practical since we are managing several machines and would like to use the normal install mechanisms on a disconnected network.

I have had limited luck with analyzing existing update sites since all of the official ones force you to use Eclipse, and redirect you to an error page if you use a normal web-browser.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Kepler M6 build is missing
Next Topic:Registering a "ToString-Handler" in Equinox console for custom objects?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:47:14 GMT 2024