Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Difficulty Deploying RAP 2.0 (1.5 seems to be fine) Application using Tycho
Difficulty Deploying RAP 2.0 (1.5 seems to be fine) Application using Tycho [message #1032238] Tue, 02 April 2013 19:05
Jeff Ash is currently offline Jeff AshFriend
I'm new to RAP. I have a RAP application based on plugins that works fine when I run from within the IDE. Trying to deploy it now and having some difficulty. I'm using Eclipse Juno with RAP 2.0. I took a step back and created a very simple project using the maildemo template so that none of my own code comes into play. As a foundation I'm using the popular project and information at:
github.com/hstaudacher/org.eclipse.rap.build.examples

When I build this project, it works fine and I can deploy the WAR. So I took it and copied each of the pom.xml files and the templates directory, etc. Tried building it as is with indigo references but the end result was a WAR that would not run, not to mention I did get some expected errors in the process since my project is newer. So I tried changing references to indigo, to juno. Able to get the build to complete, but nothing works.

When I say it doesn't work, what I mean is that it deploys to my external Jetty fine, but when I attempt to access it, it says:
Problem accessing /maildemo/mail. Reason:
ProxyServlet: /maildemo/mail

The interesting thing is that I do everything exactly like the demo project from the git site I mentioned with the exception of pointing it to my plugin and feature that I created as a test.

I have included the simple project with my POM files and all the pieces.

My question is, has anyone been able to get a project created in Juno with RAP 2.0 to package using this project as a starting point? Or, is there another article that I am just missing (been Googling now for several days) that might help me get this all wrapped up?

Thanks very much in advance.
Previous Topic:registering handlers
Next Topic:Browser widget problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:57:05 GMT 2024