Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » 'Show Includers' in CDT include browser greyed out(Need information about using the 'Show Includers' feature of the include browser)
'Show Includers' in CDT include browser greyed out [message #1026863] Tue, 26 March 2013 12:26 Go to next message
Richard Ramos is currently offline Richard RamosFriend
I'm runnin eclipse Juno with CDT 8.1.1.201209170703. My project is a makefile project. I'm having a build issue which requires me to find how a definition is being replicated in a source file. I'm using the include browser to do this but the 'Show Includers' button is greyed out. I tried selecting a header file in the browser to see if that was a prerequisite to activating the button but no luck.

Is this a bug or is there something I need to configure to get this working?
Re: 'Show Includers' in CDT include browser greyed out [message #1027636 is a reply to message #1026863] Wed, 27 March 2013 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
It works for me. Did you drag a header file from the Project Explorer and dropped it onto the Include Browser view?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: 'Show Includers' in CDT include browser greyed out [message #1028081 is a reply to message #1027636] Wed, 27 March 2013 20:17 Go to previous message
Richard Ramos is currently offline Richard RamosFriend
Thanks. Dragging/dropping from the Project Explorer worked for me. I didn't think to try that.

My use case was different. I was having a build problem in a particular source file so I started with that source file in an editor view. Then Ctrl+Alt+i to open the include browser which opened the browser with that source file as the root of the tree. I then select a header file in the browser and expected that the "Show includers" button would activate.

I think having an include browser is a great feature. I wish there were a 'find' function connected with the include browser that searched the entire tree so that while in the browser I could do a search for the path (or paths) to the offending header. As it stands, if you do ctrl-f while in the browser and enter a file name it only finds the file if it's visible. So if you've already navigated the tree to the file it will find it but it won't otherwise.
Previous Topic:Language Settings Provider
Next Topic:Problem in Compiling (G++ parameters)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:04:22 GMT 2024