Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Invoking CDT debugger Programmatically(Invoking CDT debugger Programmatically through a plugin)
Invoking CDT debugger Programmatically [message #1025239] Tue, 26 March 2013 10:23
Girish Chandran is currently offline Girish ChandranFriend
Dear All,
I am facing an issue and feeling very difficult to get through it. Actually I want to achieve a feature provided by CDT programmtically. The feature is attach an external process to gdb debugger.
Now, I can explain my problem. I have a dll which is running at a particular time and I know the location of sources where it is located. I want to write a plugin which programmatically attach a dll to a gdb debugger and the user can debug through the sources by putting the break points. I can create a CDT project programmatically and can show the sources in the eclipse project explorer. The user can put the break points in the editor part and can debug the process. But, I would like to have the process attached programmatically to the debugger. How can I achieve this? Does anybody have any idea regarding it.
Thank you for the anticipation.

Regards,
Girish
Previous Topic:Eclipse CDT Code Analysis says error, g++ and cl.exe are OK with it
Next Topic:Not building on header file change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:10:32 GMT 2024