Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Language Settings Provider(Add new Provider using plugin.xml)
Language Settings Provider [message #1023476] Sun, 24 March 2013 10:22 Go to next message
Sebastian Wagner is currently offline Sebastian WagnerFriend
I used the Language settings provider extension point to add a new provider. I added the new provider to the plugin.xml file and it appears correctly in the project properties.
2 things I would like to change, but don't know how:

1) The new provider is not activated as default. If I create a new project, the standard providers are active, but to my additional one I first need to set hook manually.
How can I activate it as default?

2) The created provider is shared and not editable. I would like to create a non-shared provider using the plugin.xml. The option to store settings in project folder shall be enabled. Is it possible? How can it be done?

Thanks for your reply!

Re: Language Settings Provider [message #1028050 is a reply to message #1023476] Wed, 27 March 2013 19:23 Go to previous message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
There are 2 more extension points org.eclipse.cdt.ui.LanguageSettingsProviderAssociation and org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions. buildDefinitions defines which providers wiil be part of configuration after a new project is created by a New project Wizard. They can be defined in "configuration" or "toolChain" elements.

If you have more CDT plugin development questions it is more appropriate to ask at cdt-dev mailing list, and more likely to get answer from CDT developers.

Andrew
Previous Topic: Can't make CodeSourcery G++ for ARM m4 work on Eclipse
Next Topic:'Show Includers' in CDT include browser greyed out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:16:10 GMT 2024