Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Numberformatting on crosstab-columns through apply style
Numberformatting on crosstab-columns through apply style [message #1023115] Sat, 23 March 2013 09:41 Go to next message
nari noori is currently offline nari nooriFriend
Hi,

im trying to find a standard way of numberformatting through all my reports. As if i need to change the numberformatting in the future, i can do this from one or two places vs. doing it in every report.

My plan was to make 2 styles and apply same style to every column through different reports.:
- Style1: for currency and name it currency-style.
- Style2: for numbers/count and name it count-style.

Scenario:
If i apply Style1 or Style2 on a "Cross tab"-column, the number does not get formatted. But if i apply the same style on the "Cross tab"-report item, all the columns get formatted. But the problem with that is that its then only possible to have one same numberformatting on the crosstab for different crosstab-columns. Is this a bug ?

The only way i yet have been able to have 2 different numberformmatings on different columns in a crosstab is:
-apply Style1 to the crosstab-report item.
-in Property Editor on the spesific (number/count) crosstab-cell setting explicit the numberformat.

But this is a very bad way, as if i get 50 reports in the future, and need to change the number/count formatting, then i have do this on all the 50 reports and their spesific crosstab-cells.

thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 March 2013 10:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Numberformatting on crosstab-columns through apply style [message #1029467 is a reply to message #1023115] Fri, 29 March 2013 18:43 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Are the different columns separate measures? Or are there different types of values in a single measure that are different based on the dimension?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Pagination, Run Task, Render Task, and Writing to Disk
Next Topic:Font license restriction in pdf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:05:20 GMT 2024