Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » SQL Query Parser - standalone, db2 plugin?
SQL Query Parser - standalone, db2 plugin? [message #1022818] Fri, 22 March 2013 15:25 Go to next message
Leonardo Herrera is currently offline Leonardo HerreraFriend
Hello all,

Just recently discovered the SQL Query Parser classes in the DTP project, and it looks like a great (and unique) project.

My problem is that I need to analyze and see if I can merge some pretty hairy SQL fragments that are used in a big system. I need a smart and capable parser so I can perform an accurate analysis and determine if I can join some of these fragments together to improve performance. This needs to be somewhat smart, and I've figured the analysis I need to perform; however, the parser as-is is not able to parse these fragments, because they use specific db2 OLAP functions (over(), partition by, etc.) so I need to include the db2 plugins to my code.

How is this done? I haven't been able to find the classes ('org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.parsers.sql.query.db2', etc.) anywhere, and I also have no idea how to register them (I'm trying to do it manually, but of course it cannot find the appropriate class.)

Can somebody help me with this problem?

Kind regards,
Leonardo Herrera
Re: SQL Query Parser - standalone, db2 plugin? [message #1037462 is a reply to message #1022818] Tue, 09 April 2013 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo Herrera is currently offline Leonardo HerreraFriend
Hm- Hello?
Re: SQL Query Parser - standalone, db2 plugin? [message #1445228 is a reply to message #1037462] Wed, 15 October 2014 06:32 Go to previous message
LV Frank is currently offline LV FrankFriend

Hello,I met the same problem with you. Currently I only know one possible solution is to extend a custom SQL parser (for a specific database syntax), but I do not know how to expand, especially in how to use LPG to extend a parser.

I do not know whether you got the answer now。If yes,Can I get your help or tips?

thank you。
Previous Topic:how extended DTP SQL parser so that it can resolve the specific keywords of specific db vendor
Next Topic:SQL scrapbook parse Oracle SQL and tell where there is an error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:46:24 GMT 2024