Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Synchronize View Always Show Differences
Synchronize View Always Show Differences [message #1020849] Tue, 19 March 2013 03:16 Go to next message
Dale Thomas is currently offline Dale ThomasFriend
No matter what I do (Pull, Fetch, Overwrite, Mark as Merged, etc.) the Synchronize view always show differences in the tree on the left. When I open the individual files in the Compare Editor there are no differences in the files. I have tried setting "core.autocrlf=false" in the configuration and re-cloning my repository but to no avail. Some posts on this forum suggests that Synchronize just doesn't work with Git. Has anyone got this working?
Re: Synchronize View Always Show Differences [message #1023163 is a reply to message #1020849] Sat, 23 March 2013 12:58 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
If you have command-line Git installed, try running 'git status' on your clone and then refreshing your Eclipse projects. Some side-effect of 'git status' seems to clear these kinds of issues in EGit/JGit.

re: Synchronized view, this is mostly useful when comparing the current HEAD with some other branch. If you want see the status of your working tree and/or Index relative to HEAD, use the 'Git Staging' view.
Previous Topic:Stashing with EGIT
Next Topic:after upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.3.1: unwanted .gitignore files in SVN projects plus poor performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:22:30 GMT 2024