Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Add jTDS to Connection Profile Types(Database support)
Add jTDS to Connection Profile Types [message #1018290] Wed, 13 March 2013 15:06 Go to next message
Paul Von is currently offline Paul VonFriend
I am using Juno SR2 with the latest updates applied.

How do I add jTDS to the Database Development (perspective)?

Details:

Using the SQL explorer I am able to connect to and run a select statement against a SQL database and get the correct results. This tells me that this part of the installation is working as expected.

(Configured and working with jTDS)
SQL Explorer (perspective)
- Create New Connection Profile
- - Add / Edit Drivers
- - - jTDS appears in list with a check mark
(Can't configure jTDS)
Database Development (perspective)
- Data Source Explorer
- - Database Connection
- - - (jTDS not in list and don't see a way to add it)

I have copied jtds-1.3.0.jar to
Eclipse/plugins/jTDS/

Thank you for any help you can provide
Re: Add jTDS to Connection Profile Types [message #1701891 is a reply to message #1018290] Thu, 16 July 2015 13:23 Go to previous message
Sam Enja is currently offline Sam EnjaFriend
This topic has been opened for a long time but I post a solution here in case someone has the same issue.

I could not add JTDS as a new driver definition for MS SQL Server (impossible to select it in the dropdown menu "Drivers").

Then I checked the version of the "Other Driver" in "Window" - "Preferences" - "Data Management" - "Connectivity" - "Driver Definitions" and the "System Version" was "2008".

I deleted it and tried to create a new one in the "Data Source Explorer" (right click on "Database Connection" and "New"). When I got to the "New Connection Profile" window, I selected "Other Driver - 2005" instead of "Other Driver - 2008" and I could configure normally my "New Connection Profile".

I do not know why it did not work with the "2008" version but the most important is to have a solution Razz
Previous Topic:eclipse
Next Topic:PMD Plugin Installation issue in Eclipse Luna
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:52:45 GMT 2024