Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » GMF with Epsilon vs MetaEdit+
GMF with Epsilon vs MetaEdit+ [message #1017276] Mon, 11 March 2013 12:43 Go to next message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a research project and i must compare GMF with Epsilon vs MetaEdit+

I have already search some comparison beetween them. And just found MegaEdit+ better

than GMF for Industry. Can't find objective comparison. They all glorify MetaEdit+

So i want to ask u, what kind of differences exists between this 2, what is the The

strengths of the GMF with Epsilon (topics: Graphical, Operations, Constraints).

Best regards,

Serhat GEZGİN
Re: GMF with Epsilon vs MetaEdit+ [message #1017285 is a reply to message #1017276] Mon, 11 March 2013 13:40 Go to previous message
Steven Kelly is currently offline Steven KellyFriend
Hi Serhat,

There's a useful comparison by Eclipse modeling project committers of GMF, RSA, Obeo, GME and MetaEdit+: tinyurl.com/gerard12 . To make the comparison objective rather than just opinions, they implemented the same language in all the tools, giving scores for the results and timing how long it took.

If you're interested in the expressiveness of the metamodeling languages (meta-metamodels), there's also a comparison by Heiko Kern for MetaEdit+ (GOPPRR), GMF (Ecore), ARIS, MS DSL Tools & Visio: www.dsmforum.org/events/DSM11/Papers/kern.pdf

What were the comparisons you already found?

At MODELS2012, Dimitris Kolovos and I had fun between sessions building an Epsilon interface to MetaEdit+, so that might also be an option for you.

All the best,
Steve
Previous Topic:EVL Validation
Next Topic: Nodes with centred content don't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 23:46:23 GMT 2024