Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Automatically ignored Maven subprojects(Derived resources for maven projects should not be automatically added to .gitignore )
Automatically ignored Maven subprojects [message #1016640] Thu, 07 March 2013 08:56 Go to next message
Ondrej Medek is currently offline Ondrej MedekFriend
Hi,

after upgrading to Eclipse Juno SR2 from Juno SR1 I have a problem that some lines were added automatically to my .gitignore. After some time, I have figured out it's caused by a setting "Automatically ignore derived resources".

I do not know the exact purpose of this setting. But we have a Maven project xyz with subprojects xyz-server, xyz-client, xyz-api. Each subproject is in it's folder with the same name, i.e. /xyz-server, /xyz-client, /xyz-api.

And the Egit automatically adds lines to the .gitignore:
/xyz-server
/xyz-client
/xyz-api

I think it's wrong for such Maven project. I had to switch off the setting "Automatically ignore derived resources"

Cheers
Andy
Re: Automatically ignored Maven subprojects [message #1032264 is a reply to message #1016640] Tue, 02 April 2013 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain Laurent is currently offline Sylvain LaurentFriend
same issue for me with maven multimodule projects
Re: Automatically ignored Maven subprojects [message #1032811 is a reply to message #1016640] Wed, 03 April 2013 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Regarding the purpose please have a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297674. It basically says that git should ignore resources which are marked as derived.

I'm not very familiar with maven subprojects.

Are they nested in the filesystem into the parent project, is e.g. xyz-server a subfolder of xyz?
Does xyz-server has the derived flag? If so, why?

Re: Automatically ignored Maven subprojects [message #1057943 is a reply to message #1016640] Thu, 09 May 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marty Pitt is currently offline Marty PittFriend
I've just found the same issue - took me ages to track it down. Eventually, after running sudo fs_usage | grep .gitignore it pointed me to STS.

Egit should not be treating maven sub-projects as derived resources, as they're simply just subfolders containing source assets.

Is there a bug filed for this anywhere?
Re: Automatically ignored Maven subprojects [message #1058162 is a reply to message #1057943] Sun, 12 May 2013 18:43 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Marty Pitt skrev 2013-05-10 01.36:
> I've just found the same issue - took me ages to track it down. Eventually, after running sudo fs_usage | grep .gitignore it pointed me to STS.
>
> Egit should not be treating maven sub-projects as derived resources, as they're simply just subfolders containing source assets.
>
> Is there a bug filed for this anywhere?

I don't think so, and I have not seen it so please submit a bug report with a sample repo, or point so an existing one
that exhibits the problem, so the issue can be reproduced.

-- robin
Previous Topic:IOException while merging
Next Topic:archive --remote with jgit?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:00:40 GMT 2024