Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Manually choose git directory
Manually choose git directory [message #1015934] Mon, 04 March 2013 10:11 Go to next message
René Fritz is currently offline René FritzFriend
I've used egit now for a while and it worked fine. I had the .git directories inside the project and had no problem.

We changed our projects layout and have the .git directory on a specific location.

I can't get this to work with egit.
Egit does not detect it because the .git directory is not a parent directory of the project folder.
I can't use the repositiory wizard/dialog because it always append the project name to the working directory. And even when I used tricks with names and I can click 'finish' the projects doesn't got shared.

All I want is to share a project and select the .git directory.

Did I miss something or is there a trick?

Thanks for any hint
René
Re: Manually choose git directory [message #1017979 is a reply to message #1015934] Tue, 12 March 2013 22:40 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
René Fritz skrev 2013-03-07 02.45:> I've used egit now for a while and it worked fine. I had the .git directories inside the project and had no problem.
>
> We changed our projects layout and have the .git directory on a specific location.
>
> I can't get this to work with egit. Egit does not detect it because the .git directory is not a parent directory of the project folder.
> I can't use the repositiory wizard/dialog because it always append the project name to the working directory. And even when I used tricks with names and I can click
> 'finish' the projects doesn't got shared.
>
> All I want is to share a project and select the .git directory.
>
> Did I miss something or is there a trick?

No can do, currently at least. I haven't tried, but perhaps creating a .git file pointing to the real directory might work,
but I'm not sure.

-- robin
Previous Topic:problems importing submodules into eclipse
Next Topic:Not able to import a project as a general project in EGIT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:33:46 GMT 2024