Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Logging for WebViewerExample
Logging for WebViewerExample [message #1015466] Thu, 28 February 2013 16:19 Go to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
I'm trying to use the sample WebViewerExample to run BIRT reports on a server. I've deployed the new webapp to tomcat and I can reach the front page which lists the version number. When I go to run a report, it stays at the "Processing, please wait...." screen without ever loading/running the report. This same report runs in the BIRT Report Designer.

I looked in the logs folder under the WebViewerExample webapp and I found a lot of 0 byte files. Is that the correct folder for logging? Is there any way to configure it to log somewhere else? Are the logs being saved somewhere else?

Thanks!

Note - I attached a screenshot of the "Processing, please wait...." dialog box that BIRT hangs on.
Re: Logging for WebViewerExample [message #1015483 is a reply to message #1015466] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You should be able to configure the log location and logging level in the web.xml. As for the test report not working, what is your Java version you're using for Tomcat? You might also try re-downloading the runtime to see if you just got a bad download.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Logging for WebViewerExample [message #1015494 is a reply to message #1015483] Thu, 28 February 2013 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
Thanks for the idea about the web.xml file. I looked at that file and configured the logging level to "FINEST" and restarted my server. However, I did not get any error messages in the log file. My log file now has lots of extra information, but no errors.

My java version is 1.6.0_27. Is that not a supported version?

I don't think my download was bad because I installed my downloaded copy onto two servers - it worked on one but not the other. I don't see the difference between the two setups either. I wish that I had an error message instead of BIRT just looping when I try to run a report.
Re: Logging for WebViewerExample [message #1015499 is a reply to message #1015494] Thu, 28 February 2013 20:22 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Same java on both? What is the BIRT version? Can you try downloading again, too, just in case.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Graphic series interrvals
Next Topic:Problem on DesignElement Id while moving column in table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:12:46 GMT 2024