Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP 2.0: Executing ActionFactory.QUIT leads to client exception
RAP 2.0: Executing ActionFactory.QUIT leads to client exception [message #1014326] Mon, 25 February 2013 15:41 Go to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6607
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Not sure we are doing something illegal but executing ActionFactory.QUIT
leads to a client exception in our application.

It looks like the server is sending the following response to the client!

> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <html>
> <head>
> <title></title>
> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
> <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
> <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" >
> <!--- IE9 render in standard mode, all older versions in quirksmode --->
> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=5,9;" >
>
> <!-- Default presentation for supported markup elements -->
> <style type="text/css">
> big {
> font-size: 1.2em;
> }
> small, sup, sub {
> font-size: 0.8em;
> }
> q:before, q:after {
> content: "";
> }
> b, strong {
> font-weight: 700;
> }
> i, em, var, cite, dfn {
> font-style: italic;
> }
> ins {
> text-decoration: underline;
> }
> del {
> text-decoration: line-through;
> }
> code, samp, kbd {
> font-family: "Courier New", Courier, "Nimbus Mono L", monospace;
> }
> abbr {
> border-bottom: 1px dotted;
> }
> </style>
> </head>
>
> <body background="rwt-resources/themes/images/3c7d3330.png">
> <noscript>
> <p style="z-index:100000;background-color:white">
> Your browser or browser-setup is not supported. <br />Please use one of: IE 7+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome 7+ or Opera 10+.<br />Ensure that Javascript is enabled and XMLHttpRequests are allowed.
> </p>
> </noscript>
>
> <!-- BODY_HTML -->
>
> <!-- /BODY_HTML -->
>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="rwt-resources/rap-client.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="rwt-resources/resources.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
>
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> if( rwt.runtime.System.getInstance().isSupported() ) {
> rwt.remote.MessageProcessor.processMessage( {
> "head": {
> "url": "rap"
> },
> "operations": [ [ "call", "rwt.theme.ThemeStore", "loadFallbackTheme", {
> "url": "rwt-resources/rap-rwt.theme.Fallback.json"
> } ], [ "call", "rwt.theme.ThemeStore", "loadActiveTheme", {
> "url": "rwt-resources/rap-rwt.theme.Default.json"
> } ], [ "create", "w1", "rwt.widgets.Display" ], [ "call", "rwt.client.TextSizeMeasurement", "measureItems", {
> "items": [ [ "p-785380997", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 14, false, false, -1, true ], [ "p-785380998", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 14, true, false, -1, true ], [ "p-785377926", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 18, true, false, -1, true ] ]
> } ] ]
> });/*EOM*/
> } else {
> var msg='<p style="z-index:100000;background-color:white">' + "Your browser or browser-setup is not supported. <br />Please use one of: IE 7+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome 7+ or Opera 10+.<br />Ensure that Javascript is enabled and XMLHttpRequests are allowed." + '</p>';
> document.write( msg );
> }
> </script>
> </body>
> </html>
Re: RAP 2.0: Executing ActionFactory.QUIT leads to client exception [message #1014337 is a reply to message #1014326] Mon, 25 February 2013 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Messages: 2359
Registered: July 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member
Tom,
do you have a small self-running snippet to reproduce it? Please open a
bugzilla and attach the snippet there.
Thanks,
Ivan

On 2/25/2013 5:41 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure we are doing something illegal but executing ActionFactory.QUIT
> leads to a client exception in our application.
>
> It looks like the server is sending the following response to the client!
>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>> <html>
>> <head>
>> <title></title>
>> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>> <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
>> <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" >
>> <!--- IE9 render in standard mode, all older versions in quirksmode --->
>> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=5,9;" >
>>
>> <!-- Default presentation for supported markup elements -->
>> <style type="text/css">
>> big {
>> font-size: 1.2em;
>> }
>> small, sup, sub {
>> font-size: 0.8em;
>> }
>> q:before, q:after {
>> content: "";
>> }
>> b, strong {
>> font-weight: 700;
>> }
>> i, em, var, cite, dfn {
>> font-style: italic;
>> }
>> ins {
>> text-decoration: underline;
>> }
>> del {
>> text-decoration: line-through;
>> }
>> code, samp, kbd {
>> font-family: "Courier New", Courier, "Nimbus Mono L", monospace;
>> }
>> abbr {
>> border-bottom: 1px dotted;
>> }
>> </style>
>> </head>
>>
>> <body background="rwt-resources/themes/images/3c7d3330.png">
>> <noscript>
>> <p style="z-index:100000;background-color:white">
>> Your browser or browser-setup is not supported. <br />Please use one of: IE 7+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome 7+ or Opera 10+.<br />Ensure that Javascript is enabled and XMLHttpRequests are allowed.
>> </p>
>> </noscript>
>>
>> <!-- BODY_HTML -->
>>
>> <!-- /BODY_HTML -->
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript" src="rwt-resources/rap-client.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
>> <script type="text/javascript" src="rwt-resources/resources.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
>>
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript">
>> if( rwt.runtime.System.getInstance().isSupported() ) {
>> rwt.remote.MessageProcessor.processMessage( {
>> "head": {
>> "url": "rap"
>> },
>> "operations": [ [ "call", "rwt.theme.ThemeStore", "loadFallbackTheme", {
>> "url": "rwt-resources/rap-rwt.theme.Fallback.json"
>> } ], [ "call", "rwt.theme.ThemeStore", "loadActiveTheme", {
>> "url": "rwt-resources/rap-rwt.theme.Default.json"
>> } ], [ "create", "w1", "rwt.widgets.Display" ], [ "call", "rwt.client.TextSizeMeasurement", "measureItems", {
>> "items": [ [ "p-785380997", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 14, false, false, -1, true ], [ "p-785380998", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 14, true, false, -1, true ], [ "p-785377926", "!#$%&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@AzByCxDwEvFuGtHsIrJqKpLoMnNmOlPkQjRiShTgUfVeWdXcYbZa[\\]^_`", [ "Verdana", "Lucida Sans", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif" ], 18, true, false, -1, true ] ]
>> } ] ]
>> });/*EOM*/
>> } else {
>> var msg='<p style="z-index:100000;background-color:white">' + "Your browser or browser-setup is not supported. <br />Please use one of: IE 7+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome 7+ or Opera 10+.<br />Ensure that Javascript is enabled and XMLHttpRequests are allowed." + '</p>';
>> document.write( msg );
>> }
>> </script>
>> </body>
>> </html>

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 2.0: Executing ActionFactory.QUIT leads to client exception [message #1014683 is a reply to message #1014337] Tue, 26 February 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend
Messages: 1313
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Hi Tom,

We're using the QUIT action in our online demo [1] as well and it does
not happen there. So the problem seems to be caused by something else
than just using ActionFactory.QUIT.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] http://rap.eclipsesource.com/workbenchdemo/workbench

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 2.0: Executing ActionFactory.QUIT leads to client exception [message #1014689 is a reply to message #1014683] Tue, 26 February 2013 09:33 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6607
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
That's what I think as well because I've been unable to reproduce it
with a simple test case :-( Looks like I need to dig deeper.

Tom

Am 26.02.13 10:17, schrieb Ralf Sternberg:
> Hi Tom,
>
> We're using the QUIT action in our online demo [1] as well and it does
> not happen there. So the problem seems to be caused by something else
> than just using ActionFactory.QUIT.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1] http://rap.eclipsesource.com/workbenchdemo/workbench
>
Previous Topic:Using JFace dialogs with RAP 2.0
Next Topic:DateTimeCalender null date
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 25 15:11:55 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02294 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top