Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » why Jubula is giving error while replacing text in text box?(Giving error while reading from excelsheet)
why Jubula is giving error while replacing text in text box? [message #1007780] Thu, 07 February 2013 13:38 Go to next message
Rajesh Dash is currently offline Rajesh DashFriend
I am trying to read the excel sheet (it is in proper format as no error regarding the excel sheet reading)I have a text which is disabled in the initial case and user have to click edit to enable it.I am trying to enter data in that field from an excel sheet which contains data like 1)112233445566778899AABBCCDDEEFF
2)212233445566778899AABBCCDDEEFF
It couldnot able to enter the complete data for 1st one it can only enter 1 and for 2nd one can only enter 2 and giving an error.
I have attached image please check.
  • Attachment: error.PNG
    (Size: 45.78KB, Downloaded 188 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2013 03:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: why Jubula is giving error while replacing text in text box? [message #1008362 is a reply to message #1007780] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Rajesh,

The only thing I can think of is that the AUT is taking too long to respond between key presses. Does it perhaps validate after every character? Is the field definitely enabled when the test starts to type?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: why Jubula is giving error while replacing text in text box? [message #1008564 is a reply to message #1008362] Wed, 13 February 2013 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Dash is currently offline Rajesh DashFriend
There is an edit button and i am clicking that through jubula but after that when the text field is enabled it is not able to enter the text.Ya validation is there .I have attached some image of my application.When the wrong data is entered it will give a cross mark with red color as in image.One more thing is that i can enter data using capture mode of jubula but having problem when not using capture mode

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 03:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: why Jubula is giving error while replacing text in text box? [message #1009442 is a reply to message #1008564] Fri, 15 February 2013 06:33 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
We had a similar problem with a text field that validated its input - depending on when the AUT validates (and for how long), our timeout was reached. At the moment I can think of the workaround to enter the text into the textfield in one go by pasting it in (use copy to clipboard then key combination for ctrl+v). It's not particularly pretty, but short of writing a very complex module that synchronizes after every keypress, it's the only think I can think of.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Cannot import my tests while also having the Jubula built in functions available
Next Topic:Selecting two objects by holding down CTRL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:26:24 GMT 2024