Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP Tycho build Bug
RAP Tycho build Bug [message #1007065] Mon, 04 February 2013 10:15 Go to next message
Avrajit Chatterjee is currently offline Avrajit ChatterjeeFriend
Hi,

I am trying to migrate my project build system to create a war using tycho 0.16.0 and using RAP 2.0 M3.
I have been following the way shown in one of the blogs https://github.com/hstaudacher/org.eclipse.rap.build.examples/tree/master/tycho.

But currently I am facing this bug.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=348045

I can see Ralf's comments in it. It will be great if you could let me know if the exact steps for the workaround of this issue unless it is fixed.

Re: RAP Tycho build Bug [message #1007310 is a reply to message #1007065] Tue, 05 February 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

As explained in the bug you can try tycho target platform filtering http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Tycho/Target_Platform#Filtering

<plugin>
   <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
   <artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
   <version>${tycho-version}</version>
   <configuration>
      <filters>
         <!-- example 3: work around Equinox bug 348045 -->
         <filter>
            <type>p2-installable-unit</type>
            <id>org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.extensionbundle</id>
            <removeAll />
         </filter>
      </filters>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Regards,
Arnaud

[Updated on: Tue, 05 February 2013 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Tycho build Bug [message #1007726 is a reply to message #1007310] Thu, 07 February 2013 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avrajit Chatterjee is currently offline Avrajit ChatterjeeFriend
Thanks a lot Arnaud. It solved my problem but I have another one now. I have a project which is used by RCP as well as RAP. So it contains org.eclipse.rap.ui and org.eclipse.ui projects as optional dependencies. For tycho to work well I have made "optionalDependencies" as "ignore".
This gives an issue while compiling the application as it is unable to find org.eclipse.rap.ui during the build. Currently I am using maven-antrun-plugin at initialize phase conditionally to replace "optional" from the manifest. Do you know any better way to achieve this?
Re: RAP Tycho build Bug [message #1007929 is a reply to message #1007726] Fri, 08 February 2013 09:30 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

Do you really need to set optionalDependencies as ignore ?
The obvious fix would be to remove this, so tycho will not remove optional dependencies.

If you had set it in the first place as a workaround for some issues with optional dependencies, you should probably use target platform filtering instead

Hope this make sense
Regards,
Arnaud

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2013 09:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ANN] RAP 2.0 RC2 published
Next Topic:SWT Resources RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:02:46 GMT 2024