Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » How much of EDT is written in EGL?(Pondering)
icon3.gif  How much of EDT is written in EGL? [message #1006863] Sun, 03 February 2013 03:03 Go to next message
Gilbert Herschberger is currently offline Gilbert HerschbergerFriend
How much of EDT is written in EGL? I was just wondering. I believe that everything is written in the Java programming language, rather than EGL generating to Java. It seems to me that EGL Rich UI could (and should) generate to an SWT framework so that EDT can be written in EGL. Maybe it could be a worthwhile goal for EDT 2.0 (or 3.0).
Re: How much of EDT is written in EGL? [message #1007326 is a reply to message #1006863] Tue, 05 February 2013 14:39 Go to previous message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Gilbert,

As you mentioned, most of EDT is written in Java. The EGL Rich UI Widget set is written in EGL, and either generates to JavaScript, or extends the existing JavaScript provided by the Dojo Widget set.

Rational Business Developer (RBD) provides something similar to what you have suggested in the form of a Rich Client Platform (RCP) based Console UI application - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rbdhelp/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.egl.doc/topics/programmer/pegl_cons_modes_cpt.html

-Brian
Previous Topic:develop plugin for rbd
Next Topic:EDT for Mac OSX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:03:05 GMT 2024