Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Zoom Capability
Zoom Capability [message #1006583] Thu, 31 January 2013 22:38 Go to next message
Savitha Sundaramoorthi is currently offline Savitha SundaramoorthiFriend
Hi ,

I'm trying to implement Zoom capability in birt using Chart API. I went through the questions
posted regarding this in the forum. I also referred to the example posted in forum on chart
zooming using script.

So far,I have set the action type as ActionType.CALL_BACK_LITERAL and trying to implement the callback method.
I'm quite lost on how to get the Y-Axis label value when I click on it. It would be great if you could point me to some example. I'm also not quite sure how to implement showeventData() using chart API.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,
Savitha.
Re: Zoom Capability [message #1006780 is a reply to message #1006583] Fri, 01 February 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Is this the zoom example you're trying to implement?

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Chart Zoom Interactivity

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Zoom Capability [message #1007018 is a reply to message #1006780] Mon, 04 February 2013 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

I'm developing a custom java application using the chart API. I'm trying to implement the example you mentioned
in the above link. I'm quite lost on how to get the corresponding axis label value.

Thanks,
Savitha
Re: Zoom Capability [message #1007219 is a reply to message #1007018] Tue, 05 February 2013 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Do you mean how the labelValue is passed to the script function when the user clicks on the label?

Michael

Re: Zoom Capability [message #1007845 is a reply to message #1007219] Thu, 07 February 2013 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Yeah, It would be really helpful for me to know , as I could use that logic using the chart API. I guess there is no way I could use the showEvent script directly in my java code using setScript()?

Thanks,
Savitha
Re: Zoom Capability [message #1008073 is a reply to message #1007845] Fri, 08 February 2013 18:10 Go to previous message

It's just passed through the function in the invoke script area of the axis interactivity. If you open up the report in the designer, you can double click on the chart, go to the format chart tab, go to the y-axis section, then to the interactivity button, and you should see the interactivity that is set up.

Michael

Previous Topic:sqljdbc_auth.dll already loaded in another classloader
Next Topic:Reg : Particular column should not repeat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:24:18 GMT 2024