Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP include logic makes it impossible to track down files
PHP include logic makes it impossible to track down files [message #1006119] Wed, 30 January 2013 02:17
Dave H is currently offline Dave HFriend
I'm trying to find certain included files by holding Ctrl+click on the "include" line but because of PHP's include logic, it doesn't work because the include path is relative to the parent file... if I add or subtract ../ at the beginning of the path until I can Ctrl+click it, it takes me to the file but then breaks the script when it runs. This seems like a design flaw in PHP; an included file considers its parent's path the current directory and any relative include paths must be to that directory. It means I can't simultaneously have a valid relative path there and be able to Ctrl+click to go to the file.

Are there any other solutions besides setting an absolute path everywhere? I want to avoid this as we may move folders. Also, if there's a server config setting we can do, such as making PHP consider the included file's path the current directory while it's running, that would be excellent, as I haven't found that setting yet.
Previous Topic:Annoying error with "Open Type Hierarchy action"
Next Topic:Code completion without project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:48:50 GMT 2024