Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Aspectj LTW issue(Aspectj LTW issue)
Aspectj LTW issue [message #1006008] Tue, 29 January 2013 14:27 Go to next message
Prakash Rao is currently offline Prakash RaoFriend
I am trying to get aspectj ltw working in my app.

My app is structured like below

Test
-- TestCommon
-- TestPersistence
-- TestWeb

where Test is the base EAR project.

I have created a simple logging aspect and placed it in TestCommon. The aop.xml has been placed in TestCommon/Meta-Inf folder.

The problem is with the class loading policy of the app. By default the war class loader policy is set to module. In this case the LTW doesnt seem to work i.e the app doesnt seem to recognize the aspect and ltw doesnt work.

But if I change the war class loader policy to Application, then everything works fine.

What I understand is with module setting , there are 2 class loaders one for the application and one for the war. In this case the war classes are not recognized. If I move the aop.xml to the web folder , then my other project classes are not weaved.

Is there a solution to this w/o changing the war classloader mode to application?
Re: Aspectj LTW issue [message #1006126 is a reply to message #1006008] Wed, 30 January 2013 05:55 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
You would be better off sending your message to the aspectj users mailing list. You can subscribe to the list here:

http://eclipse.org/aspectj/userlists.php
Previous Topic:How do I run a binary woven project?
Next Topic:Elipse build output dir, wrong !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:18:19 GMT 2024