Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » JPA Entity Not Found(JPA Problem with Code Migration)
icon7.gif  JPA Entity Not Found [message #1005141] Thu, 24 January 2013 14:49 Go to next message
Randy Dennis is currently offline Randy DennisFriend
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers
Indigo Service Release 2 Build ID: 20120216-1857

We currently have an application that we have been running in Glassfish that we are migrating to use in Weblogic 12c. Leaving the existing project in place, I have moved all the code, resources, etc. to a new project where I've need to make some modifications related to the use of Weblogic and some of the weblogic provided extensions for JMS. One of the problems that I am experiencing is an issue related to the use of JPA.

Below is the error message I'm getting when attempting to access the admin page for the application:

<Jan 24, 2013 8:09:17 AM CST> <Warning> <HTTP> <BEA-101372> <There was a failure in application ServletContext@297087696[app:_auto_generated_ear_ module:WeblogicTaskServer path:null spec-version:3.0] when attempting to inject dependencies into tnt.wl.webapp.TaskStatusServlet. Dependencies will not be injected into this class.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No persistence unit named 'emf' is available in scope WeblogicTaskServer. Available persistence units: [] at weblogic.persistence.ModulePersistenceUnitRegistry.getPersistenceUnit(ModulePersistenceUnitRegistry.java:130)
at weblogic.persistence.PersistenceManagerFactoryObjectFactory.getPersistenceContextFactory(PersistenceManagerFactoryObjectFactory.java:73)
at weblogic.persistence.PersistenceManagerFactoryObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(PersistenceManagerFactoryObjectFactory.java:40)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLEventContextImpl.lookup(WLEventContextImpl.java:251)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
>

Does anyone know if this is an issue in the project itself or does this seem to be a config or registration problem within Weblogic? Have very little experience with the use of JPA and persistence.

Thanks in advance for any input provided!
Randy Laughing
Re: JPA Entity Not Found [message #1005267 is a reply to message #1005141] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Hi Randy,

I think this question is well suited for the Oracle WebLogic Upgrade/Install/Environment/Migration forum, where you will probably get a quicker/better response.

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=598

Give it a try, and also look for possible solutions over there.

Thanks,
Neil
Re: JPA Entity Not Found [message #1005270 is a reply to message #1005267] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:50 Go to previous message
Randy Dennis is currently offline Randy DennisFriend
Again, thanks Neil for the input. As stated in my email response I may put a follow up posting in the other forum, but will definitely keep that one in mind for anything further.

Randy
Previous Topic:Metamodel gets regenerated on Windows/Ubuntu
Next Topic:Reverse engineering - Problem with char columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:03:14 GMT 2024