Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse 3.8.2 Juno SR2 Roadmap or "Updatepolicy"(... or however you might want to call it)
Eclipse 3.8.2 Juno SR2 Roadmap or "Updatepolicy" [message #1001587] Thu, 17 January 2013 01:58
Dan H.Friend
Hi everyone,

despite my earlier post not really getting much love ( i really would like to find out how to best upgrade an older 3.x setup to the newest 3.x release )i am still concerned about the status of continuity of the 3.x release.

I found the following bit of information in this wikipage: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Juno_Performance_Investigation
Quote:
We are not considering any further 3.x releases after the 3.8.2 maintenance release scheduled for February 2013, though the code base and Eclipse.org build infrastructure will of course remain available for others who see a need to step up and maintain that stream.

and would like to know if today (~3 months later) this is still the final decision on 3.x?

I have the subtle feeling that i am tipping my toes in a kind of pseudopolitical minefield when asking such questions (as i am aware that the official credo is to promote the 4.x releases as these are the releases which will be the future) and i understand that trying to formulate the right answer might be difficult.

So i can only hope that someone might be brave enough to wade in and try to say smth about this which hopefully clears some of the uncertainties.

Will 3.8.2 will be the last release of the 3.x stream or will there maybe exist a 3.9.x release in the near or distant future?

Thank you in advance for any insights you might be willing to shed,
Dan
Previous Topic:SWTBot in Indigo
Next Topic:Ctrl+X not CUT but EXIT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:58:26 GMT 2024