Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED while processing my servlet XML
IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED while processing my servlet XML [message #999914] Sun, 13 January 2013 12:11 Go to next message
Daniel McGreal is currently offline Daniel McGrealFriend
Hi,
I'm using Virgo 3.5 under JDK 7 Update 8, on Mac OSX 10.8.2.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far with debugging this issue, so I don't have much in the way of a bug report to provide, but I wonder if someone might have something else to add.

I had web bundle deployed called 'identify' which I refreshed with some small new code (without changes to the XML). The refresh was successful but loading the servlet through an IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED while trying to process my identify-servlet.xml. I reverted my changes, cleaned and built in a variety of ways but couldn't get past this point. Until I restarted Virgo and everything was fine (without changing any code). Note that I didn't ever uninstall the bundle, only refreshed it.

Apparently the error is thrown in cases where the filename is not encoded with UTF-8.

If anyone has anything else to contribute, maybe there's a bug report to make out of it.
Best, Dan.

Re: IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED while processing my servlet XML [message #1000694 is a reply to message #999914] Tue, 15 January 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Daniel McGreal is currently offline Daniel McGrealFriend
This just happened again, and removing the bundle from the pickup and reinserting it still did not resolve the issue - but a full restart did.
Any ideas? I'm much less comfortable moving forward into production with this issue.
Previous Topic:ClassNotFoundException: javax.validation.spi.ValidationProvider after upgrade to Virgo 3.6
Next Topic:Virgo Community Survey including fun quiz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:31:36 GMT 2024