Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Set breakpoint in library(breakpoint)
Set breakpoint in library [message #998762] Thu, 10 January 2013 16:43 Go to next message
david rodriguez is currently offline david rodriguezFriend
To be clear, here is my setup and what I would like to do:

-Project A: This project contains a source file test.c. So when compiled it generates an executable test file.

-Project B: This is a library project (DLL) which contains a lib.c file. So when compiled it generates a lib.so file.

The test.c file calls a function using dlopen from lib.so file. Everything is working properly and the test.c file can call the function funcx() from the lib.so file.

What I would like to do is be able to set a break point some where in the funcx() function inside the lib.so file using Eclipse. Is there a way to do this? I've been "debugging" the lib.so file by using printf(), but I really need to use Eclipse's debugger to look at call stack, etc.

Thank you,
David
Re: Set breakpoint in library [message #1013014 is a reply to message #998762] Fri, 22 February 2013 15:58 Go to previous message
soman namos is currently offline soman namosFriend
1. just put a breakpoint on a project B
2. you must build you lib with debug info
3. try to debug. if your breakpoint wasn't raised:
Right click on project B - Debug as - Debug configurations - Go to tab 'Source' - Add source lookup path. I am not shure exactly for what project you shuold do that. As you run in debug project A it is possible that last steps you should try for project A.
Previous Topic:undefined reference to 'cos'
Next Topic:Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:09:53 GMT 2024