Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problems with Photran(Parsing/Indexing Errors)
Problems with Photran [message #997758] Tue, 08 January 2013 17:20 Go to next message
Tim Anderson is currently offline Tim AndersonFriend
I'm in the process of translating legacy fortran code to C++. I've been using Eclipse Indigo with CDT for the C++ side on RHEL 6.3 and then found out about Photran. Since Photran 8.0 came with Juno, my Sys Admin upgraded me to Juno and Photran 8.0. Then I found out that while you could place breakpoints, the debugger wouldn't stop at them so we switched back to Indigo and Photran 7.0.

After "downgrading" to Indigo and Photran 7, I had to rebuild the fortran code and had all kinds of issues with the fixed line length of fortran. I'm using gfortran 4.4.6 30120305 with the -ffixed-line-length-none option and had the Preferences->Fortran->Editor->Fixed-form line length option set to 9999, but it still gave me problems. I finally just conceded and made all of the lines less than 72 columns and everything is compiling (I didn't have to do this to compile with Juno and Photran 8.0).

Now that I have everything compiled in Photran 7, I'm having issues with the Outline view of the Fortran perspective. The first couple of lines in my main program are:
    Program fullsas
    implicit none

In the Outline view I get the following:
<Fixed Form - INCLUDE lines ignored>
[skull icon] SyntaxException: Syntax error: Unexpected end of statement (/FullSAS/Source/fullSAS/fullsas.f, line 1, column 17). Expected on of the following: block, close, contains, ..., implicit, ..., continue, ext

Also, for the rest of my fortran files, I get an error in the Fortran Analysis/Refactoring Problems view stating that there was an unexpected of input and gives a line number that is about 3 lines longer than the actual file.

Just to let you know, I know enough fortran to know that I hate it (or at least the way the original programmers wrote it) and can't wait to get everything transitioned to C++. I'm slowly learning several of the little idiosyncrasies with the language, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.

Any help getting these parsing errors to go away would be greatly appreciated so that I can get on with using Eclipse to help me reverse engineer the legacy code.

Thanks.
Re: Problems with Photran [message #998279 is a reply to message #997758] Wed, 09 January 2013 17:50 Go to previous message
Tim Anderson is currently offline Tim AndersonFriend
Tim Anderson wrote on Tue, 08 January 2013 12:20

<snip>

After "downgrading" to Indigo and Photran 7, I had to rebuild the fortran code and had all kinds of issues with the fixed line length of fortran. I'm using gfortran 4.4.6 30120305 with the -ffixed-line-length-none option and had the Preferences->Fortran->Editor->Fixed-form line length option set to 9999, but it still gave me problems. I finally just conceded and made all of the lines less than 72 columns and everything is compiling (I didn't have to do this to compile with Juno and Photran 8.0).

<snip>

I'm not sure how, but I am now able to have lines longer than 72 columns. I'm not sure which switch I flipped but it seems to be happy now.

I'm still having problems with the Indexer/Parser, though.
Previous Topic:Using CDT's Abstract Syntax Tree to write code?
Next Topic:Indexer not working with << operator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:51:48 GMT 2024