Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Addon's installed in firefox are not recognized by Eclipse during runtime.(How to make Eclipse to recognize the addon's installed in the browser)
icon3.gif  Addon's installed in firefox are not recognized by Eclipse during runtime. [message #997527] Tue, 08 January 2013 05:58
dineshkumar selvaraj is currently offline dineshkumar selvarajFriend
Hi,
I am Dinesh, new to this eclipse forum. I have installed Rest client(latest)addon in firefox (12.0) and am using Eclipse SDK 3.7.2 version. When I launch the browser , I am able to see the addon added in the firefox. but if i try to launch the browser through Eclipse using selenium web driver, the browser launched doesn't show the Rest Client add-on (so only line [ d1.get("chrome://restclient/content/restclient.html"] thrown an exception error). Kindly help me in resolving this issue. My requirement is to use the rest client addon and from the xml value generated through it , I have to fetch certain values from it.

Note:
I have tried using the code below but faced some error in the addExtension(new File (ClassLoader....)

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxProfile;

public class Newyear {
public static void main(String[] args) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
profile.addExtension(new File(ClassLoader.getSystemResource("C:/RestClient/extension/restclient.xpi").getFile()));
WebDriver d1 = new FirefoxDriver(profile);
d1.get("chrome://restclient/content/restclient.html");
String title=d1.getTitle();
System.out.println(title);
}
}
Previous Topic:Java Inspector ignores static imports
Next Topic:org.eclipse.ui.menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:48:30 GMT 2024