Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » the rule of importing and exporting packages on OSGi
the rule of importing and exporting packages on OSGi [message #997091] Thu, 03 January 2013 15:37 Go to next message
taro yamada is currently offline taro yamadaFriend
Hi!

I am building some bundles. When I set these bundle's export and import configurations, I can't understand the rules of them accuratry.
I was looking for the specification, I couldn't find it.
Could you teach me where the specification is or the helpful website?

Espencially, I want to know the answer of items below.
1. Packages and classes form hierarchy structure. I want to exports at once by setting the top package export.
but I have to set the lowest packages export.
ex. I have to set C,D,E export, I want to set B export at once. If I set B export, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException is occured.
A- B- C
├ D
└ E

2. Imported packages name are already in the bundle I imported into. Then, classLoader can't find the classes.
Do I need to distinguish package names include imported packages?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: the rule of importing and exporting packages on OSGi [message #1003866 is a reply to message #997091] Tue, 22 January 2013 06:51 Go to previous message
Eban Escott is currently offline Eban EscottFriend
Hi,

The OSGi specification and the javadoc API can be found at http://www.osgi.org/Specifications/HomePage.

I don't follow your question 100% but always make sure you include the imported packages in the dependencies of you manifest.

Hope this helps,
Eban
Previous Topic:EclipseRT-OSGi-StarterKit Won't Start
Next Topic:How to include Java SE classes when starting up from the command line?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:55:49 GMT 2024