Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Is it possible to reutilize git repository of tortoisegit within Egit
Is it possible to reutilize git repository of tortoisegit within Egit [message #993455] Mon, 24 December 2012 12:48 Go to next message
Michael Ribeiro is currently offline Michael RibeiroFriend
Hello,
I worked since a while with tortoisegit but now I need to work with git within Eclipse.

Is there a way to reutilize the git repository which was created by tortoisegit with EGit?

I would like to have only one repository for the same project on the same PC. I would like to avoid to push the files always.

What is the best way?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Is it possible to reutilize git repository of tortoisegit within Egit [message #994946 is a reply to message #993455] Fri, 28 December 2012 17:48 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
EGit can be made aware of any local Git repository, regardless of how it was created. Assuming you have the EGit/JGit plugins installed, simply open the "Git Repositories" view, click the toolbar item whose tooltip is "Add an existing local Git Repository to this view", and navigate to the root of your local repo. If your existing repo already contains one or more Eclipse projects, you can now import them and work with them in Eclipse.

If you don't have any .project files, you need to create at least one. This process has nothing to do with EGit, so this is not the right forum for that topic. The exact details depend on what kind of project or projects you want -- java, c++, python, etc etc. Ask on the relevant forum for more on project creation, or walk through the Eclipse tutorials for general information. Once you have .project files, you can import them into your Eclipse workspace from the existing entry in the "Git Repositories" view.
Previous Topic:"Merge Tool" greyed out
Next Topic:[RESOLVED] Help Setting Up Eclipse with Egit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:50:59 GMT 2024