Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Debug Display view functionality(The debug display view doesn't seem to be working, only for Java?)
Debug Display view functionality [message #991216] Mon, 17 December 2012 19:37 Go to next message
Nick Hoffman is currently offline Nick HoffmanFriend
Hello,

I have been able to successfully get debugging setup with XDebug on eclipse PDT. During a breakpoint, I can see variables, call stack, etc. However, when I enter anything into the display view, and select the code, there is never an option to execute. The buttons are always grayed out (except clear console which works), when I select and right click there are no options except clear, input methods, and other standard ones. Is this something that only works for Java (I noticed the icon is a J)? If not, what exactly am I doing wrong? This is a very useful feature for me (I'm switching from PHPEd which has an immediate window like this). Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nick
Re: Debug Display view functionality [message #991273 is a reply to message #991216] Tue, 18 December 2012 09:41 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
The 'Display' view does not come from PDT. It's a feature of JDT. PDT is not providing a view that is equivalent to the 'Display' view.
Previous Topic:XDebug ignores my breakpoints
Next Topic:phpDoc @property tag not working.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:50:11 GMT 2024