Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [Juno] Build output parser ignoring includes
icon5.gif  [Juno] Build output parser ignoring includes [message #990599] Thu, 13 December 2012 11:41 Go to next message
Johannes Wienke is currently offline Johannes WienkeFriend
Hi everyone,

I am using Eclipse Juno with CDT for C++ development of CMake-based projects under Linux. Up to Indigo, I was able to configure Eclipse to successfully parse the output of compiler calls generated by CMake Makefiles for include paths. Since Juno I am unable to restore this behavior in any consistent manner.

As I have read somewhere, the old Discovery options have been deprecated, so I tried to configure the new settings under "Preprocessor Includes" in my projects to do the job. Attached you find screenshots of the respective settings pages of an affected project. Despite the changes to the "Compiler command pattern", the build output parser still fails to detect e.g. the include path "/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsc/src" in the following output of the CMake-generated Makefile:

[ 78%] Building CXX object test/CMakeFiles/rsbtest_factory.dir/rsb/FactoryTest.cpp.o
[ 78%] cd /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/test && /usr/bin/c++   -DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK -DRSB_WITH_SPREAD_TRANSPORT="" -DRSB_WITH_SOCKET_TRANSPORT="" -DRSB_PROTOCOL_EXPORT="" -g -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/test -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/test -isystem /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/gmock-1.6.0/include -isystem /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/gmock-1.6.0 -isystem /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/gmock-1.6.0/gtest/include -isystem /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/gmock-1.6.0/gtest -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/test/../src -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/test/rsb/protocol -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/test/../src -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/build-master/src -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/src -I/homes/jwienke/local/precise/x86_64/include -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsc/build-master/src -I/homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsc/src    -pipe -Wall -Wextra -fdiagnostics-show-option -o CMakeFiles/rsbtest_factory.dir/rsb/FactoryTest.cpp.o -c /homes/jwienke/workspace/git/rsb-cpp/test/rsb/FactoryTest.cpp

Any idea what could still be wrong here?

Johannes
  • Attachment: snapshot1.png
    (Size: 86.25KB, Downloaded 188 times)
  • Attachment: snapshot2.png
    (Size: 109.90KB, Downloaded 188 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Juno] Build output parser ignoring includes [message #990737 is a reply to message #990599] Thu, 13 December 2012 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
There is no screenshots attached but you should be able to use pattern (.*c\+\+). See also https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=395498

Andrew
Re: [Juno] Build output parser ignoring includes [message #990827 is a reply to message #990737] Fri, 14 December 2012 11:20 Go to previous message
Johannes Wienke is currently offline Johannes WienkeFriend
Sorry, I forgot the attachments. They are added now. If you look at the second screenshot, my pattern should already cover this case. Still it doesn't work.
Previous Topic:CDT (C and C++ addon)
Next Topic:function stub template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:55:15 GMT 2024