Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Exact meaning of 'services in use'(don't see an osgi service reference at runtime)
Exact meaning of 'services in use' [message #989976] Mon, 10 December 2012 10:29 Go to next message
Erik Vande Velde is currently offline Erik Vande VeldeFriend
I configured one of my bundles to use a service provided by another bundle in the same plan file. In my console view I don't see that other bundle name in the 'services in use' section of the first bundle when I run the 'bundle xxx' command. Still, when I run a test case on the first bundle I see it finds the service of the second bundle. My question: why don't you see all the bundles mentioned in the <reference ..> tags of osgi-context.xml in this 'services in use' section when you start the bundle?
Re: Exact meaning of 'services in use' [message #991326 is a reply to message #989976] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:26 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I think this is probably a side-effect of Blueprint's service damping where a <reference> will re-bind to a replacement service. I suspect the referenced service is not in use outside a service invocation. I haven't researched the Gemini Blueprint code to verify this though.
Previous Topic:Creation of logback LoggerContext within library fails
Next Topic:Can virgo(tomcat) hot deploy a web bundle which is in a plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:48:03 GMT 2024