Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Autotools-generated make targets not shown in 'Make targets' view
Autotools-generated make targets not shown in 'Make targets' view [message #989859] Sat, 08 December 2012 15:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
My environment:
LUbuntu 12.04, Eclipse Indigo (3.7.2), CDT 8.0.2, GNU Autotools (Package autotools-dev, version 20120210.1ubuntu).

How to reproduce:

1. import project from git, as general project
  2. Add C/C++ nature: C project, Autotools toolchain support
  3. Run external tool: autogen.sh --prefix=$INSTALLPREFIX. This also runs configure --prefix=$INSTALLPREFIX. A Makefile is generated then and contains some targets.
  4. In the 'Make target' view open the project.

Expected result:
The 'Make target' view shows the targets in the Makefile.

Actual result:
The 'Make target' view shows no targets from the Makefile at all. In other projects the generated make targets are shown as expected.

What can I do to see and execute the make targets in my project?

[Updated on: Sat, 08 December 2012 15:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Autotools-generated make targets not shown in 'Make targets' view [message #990156 is a reply to message #989859] Tue, 11 December 2012 08:06 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The Make Target View shows only the targets you added manually. It does not parse the makefile automatically. You should open your makefile (it should use the Makefile Editor by default). Then you should select your make target in the Outline View and choose "Add make Target" from the context menu.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Cannot Launch Debugger
Next Topic:C++ Windows - cannot step after breakpoint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:27:10 GMT 2024