Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java Build Cleaning Bin(Java is not letting my Perl to coexist.)
Java Build Cleaning Bin [message #989801] Fri, 07 December 2012 21:34 Go to next message
Daniel Ellison is currently offline Daniel EllisonFriend
I'm developing some Perl applications that make use of inline Java. So my project is really a Java project. However, if I want to create Perl scripts in my bin, the Java Build keeps wiping them out. Is there some way I can protect the bin, or at least specific files in the bin? The bin is the appropriate place for these files, so I don't want to have to move them to another area. We are also use subversion, so I don't want to have to check out the same branch to two different projects just so that I can edit my Java in one area and Perl in another.
Re: Java Build Cleaning Bin [message #989847 is a reply to message #989801] Sat, 08 December 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Even if you want to execute your scripts from the bin folder, the typical way would be to store them in another source folder and let Eclipse copy them into the bin folder for execution.
Specifically for integration with your SVN client, it is preferrable not to store any valuable files in bin so that you can set svn:ignore for the entire bin folder.

HTH,
Stephan
Re: Java Build Cleaning Bin [message #989849 is a reply to message #989847] Sat, 08 December 2012 13:02 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
... that said, if you still want to do it the non-standard way, have a look at http://help.eclipse.org/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/preferences/java/compiler/ref-preferences-building.htm?cp=1_4_2_0_3_0 - see "Scrub output folders when cleaning projects".
Previous Topic:Important Problem
Next Topic:Error importing JDT plugin from another installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:14:27 GMT 2024