Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Can't resize and remove title bar of a workbench window
Can't resize and remove title bar of a workbench window [message #989465] Thu, 06 December 2012 10:36 Go to next message
Marco Palena is currently offline Marco PalenaFriend
Hi Eclipse Community,

I'm new to Eclipse RCP programming and I need some help to overcome a problem I stumbled upon while approaching my first "Hello RCP" application. I've just installed "Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers" Juno SR1 on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I've created a new plug-in project using the "Hello RCP" template. I've tried to launch the application and everything works fine showing a window with an empty workbench.

The problem is that when I try to configure some aspects of this window, adding code into the preWindowOpen() method of ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor, some of that configurations works and some not. First I tried to rename and resize the window, here's the code:

public void preWindowOpen() {
        IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer configurer = getWindowConfigurer();
        configurer.setInitialSize(new Point(200, 200));
        configurer.setShowCoolBar(false);
        configurer.setShowStatusLine(false);
        configurer.setTitle("My new Title"); //$NON-NLS-1$
}

The title change works just fine, but the window size remains unchanged no matter which values I use as arguments of the Point object instantiation.

Then I tried to manipulate the shell style of the window, removing the window border and title bar through the configurer.setShellStyle(SWT.NO_TRIM) method call but that seems to be unresponsive too.

What I'd like to have is a smaller window without border or title bar. Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marco
Re: Can't resize and remove title bar of a workbench window [message #989946 is a reply to message #989465] Mon, 10 December 2012 08:06 Go to previous message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

Yeah same for me too , I think you can rise a bug for this in Platform UI.
enter_bug
Previous Topic:Creating plugin from jar files
Next Topic:How to edit values of specific nodes of workbench.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:59:27 GMT 2024