Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table(Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table)
Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table [message #988542] Fri, 30 November 2012 12:15 Go to next message
Nitin Kulkarni is currently offline Nitin KulkarniFriend
Hi all,

I have created report with sub report in it... my requirement is that i want to hide the outer table detail row if the inner table row data cell has a zero value..

My inner table is containing just a footer row because i want only one value per matched record from the outer table so am keeping the data item in table footer row..

I already tried with setting persistent global variable on the data item of inner table by its value and setting the global variable to TRUE or FALSE as string on its onCretae method and on the outer table detail row onRender method checking whether the global variable contains TRUE or FALSE and based on that hiding the row but its not working at all..

If anybody knows how to solve it than please let me know

Thanks in advance

Nitin
Re: Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table [message #988663 is a reply to message #988542] Fri, 30 November 2012 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What you said you tried should work. What output are you using? If from the designer, you need to use the web viewer, then export to the output you want, otherwise, the run and render don't run separately and you won't get the desired result.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table [message #988676 is a reply to message #988663] Sat, 01 December 2012 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Kulkarni is currently offline Nitin KulkarniFriend
Hello williams,

Thanks for the quick reply, i have tried with the web viewer also and ending up with nothing displayed except the table header..

If i have to get using run and render task what we should do to achieve the same result???

Nitin
Re: Hiding Outer table based on the value in the inner table [message #988958 is a reply to message #988676] Tue, 04 December 2012 04:50 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you post a report that uses the sample database showing your setup and what you're doing to try to achieve this? This way I can run the report, modify it, and reattach it. Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:while i am running the .rptdesign file in birt-rcp-report-designer-3_7_1,i am getting the below exce
Next Topic:redirect to another page/url before the parameter window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:25:12 GMT 2024