Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » entity extensions in a secondary table
entity extensions in a secondary table [message #987607] Tue, 27 November 2012 10:21 Go to next message
Pradeep Badiger is currently offline Pradeep BadigerFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to include the extension fields into another table and have property based access for those fields via a new extended secondary entity?

I am trying to avoid main table alter to support new fields/relationships and also have property based access for the extension fields.

Any thoughts?

Can we have a pojo to hold extensions instead of Map?

thanks,
Pradeep V.B.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 November 2012 10:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: entity extensions in a secondary table [message #987695 is a reply to message #987607] Tue, 27 November 2012 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

You can map extensions however you wish. You can put the mappings in any table, and can any implementation under your get/set methods you wish.

What have your tried, and what issue have you had?

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: entity extensions in a secondary table [message #990638 is a reply to message #987695] Thu, 13 December 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeep Badiger is currently offline Pradeep BadigerFriend
I was able to add new fields into the secondary table. My problem was to have property based access to the new fields. I dont want to use generic get/set methods for the extension fields. Is there a way to have proper getter/setter methods for the extended fields.

thanks,
Pradeep V.B.
Re: entity extensions in a secondary table [message #991516 is a reply to message #990638] Wed, 19 December 2012 16:15 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

If you can add the get/set methods to your class, you can use them. If the get/set methods are not there, then I don't see how you can use them?

Perhaps give detail on exactly what you are trying to do.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:EclipseLink-7251: is mapped to a primary key column in the database. Updates are not allowed.
Next Topic:distinct keyword in batch fetch query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:05:13 GMT 2024