Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using Eclipse(Writing Android apps )
Using Eclipse [message #987218] Sat, 24 November 2012 15:48 Go to next message
Roland Tsang is currently offline Roland TsangFriend
I am a new eclipse user. I want to learn to how to write android apps. For example if I want to do an app for McDonald's restaurant based on country and cities of where they are. Do I have to collated all the McDonald's first. I also want to do a drop down box for country and cities are they hard to do? Can someone show me an example of how to do it? Thanks.

For example MacDonald's in city of Florida or Seattle and country is USA. What's the code to list the MacDonald's contact details and the code to do the drop down box. I don't live in US but I am just saying that if I want to show that in an app you can pick MacDonald's close to where you live but I just need to see an example of code thanks for your reply.

R.Tsang

[Updated on: Mon, 26 November 2012 08:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Eclipse [message #987312 is a reply to message #987218] Mon, 26 November 2012 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/225513/ , but yes, I would expect you would need to have gathered the data you plan to show first (even if it is placeholder data).

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Using Eclipse [message #987643 is a reply to message #987312] Tue, 27 November 2012 12:13 Go to previous message
Roland Tsang is currently offline Roland TsangFriend
For example MacDonald's in city of Florida or Seattle and country is USA. What's the code to list the MacDonald's contact details such as address and phone number and the code to create the drop down boxes for country and city. I don't live in US but I am just saying that if I want to show that in an app you can pick MacDonald's close to where you live but I just need to see an example of code thanks for your reply.

R.Tsang
Previous Topic:Search result view like as grep
Next Topic:<Modified> Editor tab (the tab with file name) question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:02:10 GMT 2024