|Re: new to java. pls help me [message #987135 is a reply to message #986989]
||Fri, 23 November 2012 17:36
| Russell Bateman
Registered: July 2009
Location: Provo, Utah, USA
On 11/22/2012 10:43 AM, dark knight wrote:|
> hello friends i am new to java but determined to learn it . So can
> anyone pls suggest from where do i start i mean any good books or
> tutorials and also which version of eclipse wud be good for a beginer
> like me. Your suggestions will be valued near to my heart . thank you :)
I would suggest...
Choose between Eclipse and NetBeans. NetBeans seemed simpler to me 5
years ago, the last time I looked at it. I say this in all honesty,
however, actual large-scale and commercial applications are developed
using Eclipse and not NetBeans (so much).
Assuming you choose Eclipse, ...
1. Just about any version starting with Galileo is fine, but I'd suggest
at least a version as recent as Helios.
2. Use http://www.vogella.com/eclipseide.html for its first three tutorials.
3. Read Head First Java from O'Reilly and do the example in one or more
4. Come back here when you get stuck on Eclipse issues.
5. Go to javaranch.com or stackoverflow.com when you get stuck on Java
For help installing Eclipse, I suggest this forum. I also suggest the
first two steps in the following summary:
You're in good hands here.
Best of luck to you.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03361 seconds