Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to toggle views at startup from the code?(When the plugin is started toggle in a certain sequence between views)
icon5.gif  How to toggle views at startup from the code? [message #986955] Thu, 22 November 2012 14:14
Marin Aldimirov is currently offline Marin AldimirovFriend
Hi,
I have a plugin dev project with a Perspective.java which adds four views to form a default UI at startup. I do a 'clean' on the Workspace on every startup to load the default UI configuration.

In order for the other views to work, the 'main' view has to be loaded first (as it is right now). But 'view4' catches and logs events happening inside 'view2' and 'view3'. When 'view4' is loaded for the first time (clicking on it and giving it focus) it also does some background work as it sets up its listeners and log events. Before that everything I do inside 'views 2&3' goes unlogged, since 'view4's listeners are not setup yet.

My question is - From inside my code can I do this sequence at startup: Question
1. Load views with 'main' at focus (as it is right now)
2. Give focus to 'view4' so it can initialize all listeners
3. Give back focus to 'main' so the user doesn't understand what I did

This is a project that recently was handed to me for further development and I still don't know much about its structure, so I want to do this workaround, because I can't get the listeners to init from inside 'main' view.

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Eclipse Plugin Development
Next Topic:JAVA downloads
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 12:40:58 GMT 2024