Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Composite Structures and GMF
Composite Structures and GMF [message #985984] Fri, 16 November 2012 22:51
Nick Collier is currently offline Nick CollierFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to generate a diagram based on a composite pattern. So, something akin to the relationship between to the CompositeState, AbstractState, State and StateMachine in this old example:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-FromFrontendToCode-MDSDInPractice/article.html

Where I run into trouble is when I try to add a CompositeState to the diagram. Then I get the following:

!MESSAGE execute
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: While executing the operation, an exception occurred
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:521)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:206)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:169)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:156)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:failed to create a view
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.commands.CreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CreateCommand.java:96)

The stack trace isn't very specific so I'm not exactly sure what's wrong. I did find some posts about containments and multiple domain objects which made me suspect that perhaps the CompositeState can't figure out what it should be added to, but I really don't know. Any suggestions for how to work with this kind of pattern (where a container can contain itself) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
Previous Topic:cannot reopen diagram in the editor after executing SetBoundsCommand or setLayoutConstraint
Next Topic:Change fill color on Text doesn't change it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 06:38:03 GMT 2024