Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [SOLVED] The feature 'eClassifier' of '...EGenericTypeImpl...' contains an unresolved proxy
icon5.gif  [SOLVED] The feature 'eClassifier' of '...EGenericTypeImpl...' contains an unresolved proxy [message #984344] Wed, 14 November 2012 16:11 Go to next message
Aaron Digulla is currently offline Aaron DigullaFriend
In one of my DSL projects, I suddenly get these errors in my I18nDsl.ecore model:

The feature 'eClassifier' of 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EGenericTypeImpl@4c645550{platform:/resource/project.i18n_dsl/target/classes/project/i18n_dsl/I18nDsl.ecore#//Import/typeRef/@eGenericType}' contains an unresolved proxy 
'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@fa9ccf9{platform:/resource/project.i18n_dsl/org.eclipse.xtext.common.types/model/JavaVMTypes.ecore#//JvmType}'	I18nDsl.ecore
/project/target/classes/project/i18n_dsl
/project/target/classes/project/i18n_dsl/I18nDsl.ecore
Xtext Check (fast)

What might be causing this?

Regards,

A. Digulla

[Updated on: Tue, 19 November 2013 12:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The feature 'eClassifier' of '...EGenericTypeImpl...' contains an unresolved proxy [message #1005352 is a reply to message #984344] Fri, 25 January 2013 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Devlin is currently offline Martin DevlinFriend
I have the exact same problem. Eclipse suddenly started showing these build error messages for the xtext generated .ecore file (which was generated in from my .xtext grammar file).

When I run my DSL application there actually no problems with the cross references.

Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

Thanks,
Martin
Re: The feature 'eClassifier' of '...EGenericTypeImpl...' contains an unresolved proxy [message #1005540 is a reply to message #1005352] Sat, 26 January 2013 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I still wait for an answer to my question.
Re: The feature 'eClassifier' of '...EGenericTypeImpl...' contains an unresolved proxy [message #1196481 is a reply to message #984344] Tue, 19 November 2013 12:43 Go to previous message
I have now figured it out:

The error is

The feature 'eClassifier' of 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EGenericTypeImpl@XXX{platform:/resource/com.pany.eclipse.plugin/target/classes/.../Foo.ecore#//...}' contains an unresolved proxy 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@XXX{platform:/resource/com.pany.eclipse.plugin/org.eclipse.xtext.common.types/model/JavaVMTypes.ecore#//JvmTypeReference}'

The important part was "target/classes" (had to spot, it's in the first resource URL).

This means that sometimes, the Xtext builder will see the files created by a command line Maven build (for example when you split the Maven and Eclipse target folders).

To solution is to tell Eclipse to ignore those folders.

Select the folder "target" -> Context Menu -> Properties -> Resource -> Resource Filters (it's a child of "Resource").

Click "Add..." to create a new filter.

Select "Exclude all", "Folders", "Name", "matches", type "classes" into the text field, "Case sensitive".

index.php/fa/16771/0/

If you have a test-classes folder, do the same for it.
Previous Topic:Outline View In Xtext
Next Topic:Using DSL outside Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:23:51 GMT 2024