Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » CDO "Migrate EMF Genertator Model" issue or just a bad plugin dependency exception?(CDO "Migrate EMF Genertator Model" issue? Or is it simply a bad exception message?)
CDO "Migrate EMF Genertator Model" issue or just a bad plugin dependency exception? [message #982108] Mon, 12 November 2012 23:48 Go to next message
Andrew Whelan is currently offline Andrew WhelanFriend
Hello,

Any insight at all to the following problem will be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of evaluating Eclipse CDO the hard way. I'm actually trying to use the "Migrate EMF Generator Model (reflective feature delegation)" functionality to migrate and eventually persist a large EMF model that already exists. I migrated the model and regenerated the code. Because this removes a lot of class member variables and replaces them with eSet and eGet calls, I did have some work to do before I could get the code to compile. That wasn't too bad.

Now I am faced with a stacktrace that could have something to do with the CDO functionality or might just be due to plugin dependency issues.

At this point I have not yet changed any of the resource based persistence code. I'm not sure if that is important yet. It is still set up to persist to XML. I have not touched the persistence based Resource code. But I am not even at the point of trying to save anything just yet. At this point I have just migrated the model and regenerated code so that the classes that were extending EObject are now extending CDOObject.

Note if I try to create the new CDO extended objects using an EMF factory in a regular JUnit test, I can do that. There are no exceptions.
The trouble starts when I try to call the code in an Eclipse Application. If I try to call the same EMF factory "create" methods in the Eclipse Application I get the stack trace below. This exception is also thrown if I try to run the same JUnit tests mentioned above as "JUnit Plug-in Tests". This leads me to believe that my problem might not be a CDO specific issue but I'm not sure.

It could be a plugin related class loading issue. The 2 parts of the exception to pay attention to are the following. The "Caused By" clause is thrown because a BundleResourceHandler is trying to obtain a Bundle ID from a null URL.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.getBundleID(BundleResourceHandler.java:301)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.parseURL(BundleResourceHandler.java:126)
... 91 more

The more interesting part, from the CDO perspective, is where we try to call the factory "create" method discussed above (see the bottom of this stack trace fragment). The class it is trying to create is "Reference". It uses the generated ReferenceFactoryImpl class's createReference method. This is the first point where application tries to load the CDOObjectImpl object class. It looks to me like it can't find the class in the org.eclipse.emf.cdo_4.1.1.v20120727-1146 plugin (and the dependency has been addressed in the target definition).

java.net.MalformedURLException
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.trimSegments(LegacyBundle.java:331)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.getClassesURL(LegacyBundle.java:296)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.computeBaseURL(LegacyBundle.java:226)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.<init>(LegacyBundle.java:48)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyPlatform.createBundle(LegacyPlatform.java:39)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.bundle.AbstractPlatform.bundle(AbstractPlatform.java:92)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.bundle.OM.<clinit>(OM.java:32)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.<clinit>(CDOObjectImpl.java:78)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.createReference(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:1082)
at

The full exception is shown below. If anyone has seen this before, that would be great, although I haven't found anything even close in the Eclipse Forums or on the rest of the web using Google.

At the very least I hope to get an opinion from somebody that knows more about CDO and plugin class loading issues. Hopefully someone can tell me if this sounds more like some kind of funky plugin dependency/classpath issue than a CDO Migration issue. If you have read this far I appreciated your patience!

Thanks
-Andrew

java.net.MalformedURLException
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.trimSegments(LegacyBundle.java:331)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.getClassesURL(LegacyBundle.java:296)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.computeBaseURL(LegacyBundle.java:226)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.<init>(LegacyBundle.java:48)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyPlatform.createBundle(LegacyPlatform.java:39)
at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.bundle.AbstractPlatform.bundle(AbstractPlatform.java:92)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.bundle.OM.<clinit>(OM.java:32)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.<clinit>(CDOObjectImpl.java:78)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.createReference(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:1082)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.create(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:154)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.create(EcoreUtil.java:3329)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models2.ModelWrapper.<init>(ModelWrapper.java:107)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.createModelWrappers(EditorInput.java:204)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.getModelWrapper(EditorInput.java:103)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.getEditorFramework(EditorInput.java:263)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.continueInit(Editor.java:290)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.access$3(Editor.java:271)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor$2.run(Editor.java:258)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1162)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.init(Editor.java:250)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:828)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:647)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:315)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1245)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1597)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:479)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:808)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:707)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:666)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2946)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2846)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2797)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2793)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2777)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2760)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.commands.OpenEditor.execute(OpenEditor.java:41)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.platform.ui.Application.start(Application.java:20)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.getBundleID(BundleResourceHandler.java:301)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.parseURL(BundleResourceHandler.java:126)
... 91 more

Re: CDO &quot;Migrate EMF Genertator Model&quot; issue or just a bad plugin dependency excep [message #982471 is a reply to message #982108] Tue, 13 November 2012 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 13.11.2012 00:48, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> Hello,
>
> Any insight at all to the following problem will be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'm in the process of evaluating Eclipse CDO the hard way. I'm actually trying to use the "Migrate EMF Generator Model
> (reflective feature delegation)" functionality to migrate and eventually persist a large EMF model that already
> exists. I migrated the model and regenerated the code. Because this removes a lot of class member variables and
> replaces them with eSet and eGet calls, I did have some work to do before I could get the code to compile. That wasn't
> too bad.
Yes, if your hand written additions to the generated code used to use the generated field directly you must first
convert all the places to call the generated getters instead. After that the CDO migration is usually a snap.

> Now I am faced with a stacktrace that could have something to do with the CDO functionality or might just be due to
> plugin dependency issues.
>
> At this point I have not yet changed any of the resource based persistence code. I'm not sure if that is important
> yet. It is still set up to persist to XML. I have not touched the persistence based Resource code. But I am not even
> at the point of trying to save anything just yet. At this point I have just migrated the model and regenerated code so
> that the classes that were extending EObject are now extending CDOObject.
> Note if I try to create the new CDO extended objects using an EMF factory in a regular JUnit test, I can do that.
> There are no exceptions.
> The trouble starts when I try to call the code in an Eclipse Application. If I try to call the same EMF factory
> "create" methods in the Eclipse Application I get the stack trace below. This exception is also thrown if I try to run
> the same JUnit tests mentioned above as "JUnit Plug-in Tests". This leads me to believe that my problem might not be a
> CDO specific issue but I'm not sure.
> It could be a plugin related class loading issue. The 2 parts of the exception to pay attention to are the following.
> The "Caused By" clause is thrown because a BundleResourceHandler is trying to obtain a Bundle ID from a null URL.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.getBundleID(BundleResourceHandler.java:301)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.parseURL(BundleResourceHandler.java:126)
> ... 91 more
Hard to comment on this because there's nothing in the stack trace that relates to CDO in any way.

> The more interesting part, from the CDO perspective, is where we try to call the factory "create" method discussed
> above (see the bottom of this stack trace fragment). The class it is trying to create is "Reference". It uses the
> generated ReferenceFactoryImpl class's createReference method. This is the first point where application tries to load
> the CDOObjectImpl object class. It looks to me like it can't find the class in the
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo_4.1.1.v20120727-1146 plugin (and the dependency has been addressed in the target definition).
> java.net.MalformedURLException
> at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.trimSegments(LegacyBundle.java:331)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.getClassesURL(LegacyBundle.java:296)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.computeBaseURL(LegacyBundle.java:226)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.<init>(LegacyBundle.java:48)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyPlatform.createBundle(LegacyPlatform.java:39)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.bundle.AbstractPlatform.bundle(AbstractPlatform.java:92)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.bundle.OM.<clinit>(OM.java:32)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.<clinit>(CDOObjectImpl.java:78)
> at
> com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.createReference(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:1082)
>
The full stack trace below indicates that you're running your code (an Eclipse editor) in OSGi. That should cause an
OSGiPlatform and OSGiBundles to be created rather than a LegacyPatform and LegacyBundles. You should set a breakpoint in
AbstractPlatform.createPlatform() and first verify that the "systemContext" field is indeed null and then try to find
out why:

public static synchronized OMPlatform createPlatform()
{
try
{
if (systemContext != null)
{
return new OSGiPlatform(systemContext);
}

return new LegacyPlatform();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
if (TRACER().isEnabled())
{
TRACER().trace(ex);
}
}

return null;
}

If OSGi is running the systemContext (the bundle context of the net4j.util bundle) should be set in
org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.bundle.OM.Activator.start(BundleContext). So to me it seems that the net4j.util bundle
has not been properly initialized/started. As all the dependencies of this bundle are optional it's hardly imaginable
that they could cause this problem. Are you sure that you've not tampered with the bundle start levels in your launch
config?

> The full exception is shown below. If anyone has seen this before, that would be great, although I haven't found
> anything even close in the Eclipse Forums or on the rest of the web using Google.
> At the very least I hope to get an opinion from somebody that knows more about CDO and plugin class loading issues.
> Hopefully someone can tell me if this sounds more like some kind of funky plugin dependency/classpath issue than a CDO
> Migration issue. If you have read this far I appreciated your patience!
I've never heard of an issue like this before. Maybe someone else has and will comment here, too. Please let us know
what you find out...

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

>
> Thanks
> -Andrew
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.trimSegments(LegacyBundle.java:331)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.getClassesURL(LegacyBundle.java:296)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.computeBaseURL(LegacyBundle.java:226)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyBundle.<init>(LegacyBundle.java:48)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.om.LegacyPlatform.createBundle(LegacyPlatform.java:39)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.internal.util.bundle.AbstractPlatform.bundle(AbstractPlatform.java:92)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.bundle.OM.<clinit>(OM.java:32)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.<clinit>(CDOObjectImpl.java:78)
> at
> com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.createReference(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:1082)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference.impl.ReferenceFactoryImpl.create(ReferenceFactoryImpl.java:154)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.create(EcoreUtil.java:3329)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models2.ModelWrapper.<init>(ModelWrapper.java:107)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.createModelWrappers(EditorInput.java:204)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.getModelWrapper(EditorInput.java:103)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.EditorInput.getEditorFramework(EditorInput.java:263)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.continueInit(Editor.java:290)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.access$3(Editor.java:271)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor$2.run(Editor.java:258)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1162)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.init(Editor.java:250)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:828)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:647)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:315)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1245)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1198)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1597)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:493)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:479)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:808)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:707)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:666)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2946)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2846)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2797)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2793)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2777)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2760)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.commands.OpenEditor.execute(OpenEditor.java:41)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
> at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
> at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
> at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.platform.ui.Application.start(Application.java:20)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.getBundleID(BundleResourceHandler.java:301)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleResourceHandler.parseURL(BundleResourceHandler.java:126)
> ... 91 more
>
>
>

Re: CDO &quot;Migrate EMF Genertator Model&quot; issue or just a bad plugin dependency excep [message #986319 is a reply to message #982471] Mon, 19 November 2012 22:52 Go to previous message
Andrew Whelan is currently offline Andrew WhelanFriend
This was just a plugin configuration issue. Sorry.
Previous Topic:Referenced Models Navigation
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] GMF comparison project plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:09:37 GMT 2024