Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » no security manager: RMI class loader disabled(RMI - OSGi problems)
no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #977838] Fri, 09 November 2012 16:19 Go to next message
Erik Vande Velde is currently offline Erik Vande VeldeFriend
I created a service that's accessed by a client, using spring RMI remoting. The problem is: when I pass a domain object as an argument to my Service method, the server always generates a ClassNotFoundException on the domain object. Still, the domain object packages are included in the service manifest file, so I see no reason why the classloader wouldn't find it. The most striking thing in the client log (attached) seems to be the 'no security manager: RMI class loader disabled' message. According to some info on the internet this can be fixed by adding something like
'-Djava.security.policy=/Security/policy.all' to the server startup parameters. I tried adding the parameter to my virgo runtime configuration, but that doesn't change anything. Any suggestions on what might be wrong here?? Thanks in advance!!
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #981292 is a reply to message #977838] Mon, 12 November 2012 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Virgo does not yet support running under a security manager, so presumably that is part of the problem. Please see enhancement bugzilla 344276.
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #981703 is a reply to message #981292] Mon, 12 November 2012 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This seems to be a serious problem to me, because essentially you cannot use the spring RMI remoting in Virgo. I reverted to spring remoting, and that works better. I've read in a DM Server book that Spring + OSGi looks like a marriage made in heaven, but in the real world our DM server/Virgo doesn't allow to use normal spring functionality such as RMI ...
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #981709 is a reply to message #981703] Mon, 12 November 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a fair criticism, but actually only one or two people have run into this (and you're one of them).
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #988314 is a reply to message #981709] Thu, 29 November 2012 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know a workaround to still use RMI with Virgo? Sometimes I see RMI related messages in the Virgo console, see attached log file extract. So it seems that Virgo is using RMI internally.
If it's simply impossible to use RMI, what's the recommended remoting technology for Virgo?
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #997184 is a reply to message #988314] Fri, 04 January 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the delay in replying - I forgot to subscribe to this topic!

I couldn't see the attachment, but I guess that JMX is using some RMI machinery internally.
Re: no security manager: RMI class loader disabled [message #997239 is a reply to message #997184] Fri, 04 January 2013 15:17 Go to previous message
Maybe (probably) I forgot to attach the log extract when I wrote this message, so here it is. Many 'RMI' string occurences in there, and indeed: many JMX ones too ...
Previous Topic:Why we stopped using Virgo/OSGi in our project
Next Topic:New Import-Package not resolved on hot-deploy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:22:43 GMT 2024