Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Add a sub menu to trigger comparison
Add a sub menu to trigger comparison [message #976384] Thu, 08 November 2012 14:43 Go to next message
Philippe Favrais is currently offline Philippe FavraisFriend
Hello,
I implemented a plugin based on EMF compare. So far i trigger the comparison from the menu "Compare With > Each Other".
Now i would like to be able to compare on file of my workspace against another file which is not in the workspace.
What is the recommended way to do it ?
Shall i add my own sub menu e.g. :"Compare With > Select a file" or is there already something in EMF compare supporting this use case.

Thank you
Philippe
Re: Add a sub menu to trigger comparison [message #977376 is a reply to message #976384] Fri, 09 November 2012 08:34 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

First, a little background : the 'Compare with' actions are not provided by EMF, nor are they provided by EMF Compare. Platform/Team provides these menus and the basic actions working "locally" (each other, with local history...), the repository providers (CVS, Subversive, EGit...) provide the "remote" versions of the actions (Latest from HEAD, another branch...).

In other words, EMF Compare does not provide any new action to that menu, we only hook on them Smile. You will need to code the action you want in order to compare a given file with an arbitrary other, I know of no plugin that provides such an option.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:compare XML files not having same MetaModel ?
Next Topic:different xmi but the same model in fact
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:07:29 GMT 2024