Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser
Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser [message #974719] Wed, 07 November 2012 09:17 Go to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hello.

Could you please show the way to preserve hierarchy in Component name browser.
I mean - here is a sample of how components/objects look in ObjectMappe - OM.png
index.php/fa/12213/0/

Here components are well organized, but in Component browser I see a flat list of components - CB.png
index.php/fa/12214/0/

So, when there are lots of UI elements in the projects it becomes hard to find proper component. Moreover in case of pretty similar elements like some common buttons, edits etc. but placed in different dialogs/tabs and so on I have to give them various names instead of common naming (like: btnTab1Ok, btnTab2Ok, btnDialogOk instead of having one btnOk per each button under corresponding hierarchy level).

One more thing - is it expected in near future to improve Object Mapper/GEF Inspector to show accessible properties?

Thanks.
  • Attachment: OM.PNG
    (Size: 7.23KB, Downloaded 574 times)
  • Attachment: CB.PNG
    (Size: 14.12KB, Downloaded 477 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser [message #981457 is a reply to message #974719] Mon, 12 November 2012 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

For the component names issue, my suggestion would be to use naming conventions for the component names that reflect:
- Where the component is
- What its function is
- What type of component it is

e.g. LoginDialog_Username_txf

This way, you can quickly reduce the amount of suggestions by starting to type the beginning of the name. More information is available in the user manual in the best practices section:
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node349.html

So, while there is no support for what you mention, the same effect can easily be created with some naming conventions.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser [message #981708 is a reply to message #981457] Mon, 12 November 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra
Thank you for reply. The mentioned way is what I currently use.

And what can you say about this?
Quote:
One more thing - is it expected in near future to improve Object Mapper/GEF Inspector to show accessible properties?

I have also one more question so far:
Is it possible to set Event Handlers for the whole test suit in order not to specify some very common Handlers per each test case?
Re: Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser [message #985254 is a reply to message #981708] Thu, 15 November 2012 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I did see that you use conventions - it might be easier to order the items as I suggested (i.e. place then function then type), but this can be personal preference. I like having the place first because it means I can quickly reduce the length of the list as soon as I start to type.

For your other questions-

- I don't think there's an enhancement for that - you could put one in (a patch would be even better Wink )
- The only Event Handlers that are valid for a whole Test Suite are the default ones that you can specify in the Properties View for the Test Suite. They're not particularly helpful though. There is an enhancement request for an Event Handler "NEXT" that would probably do what you are asking. It's not planned for the very near future, but you can comment on /watch / vote for the bug if you like.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Ability to have hierarchy in Component Name Browser [message #985660 is a reply to message #985254] Thu, 15 November 2012 16:08 Go to previous message
Hi,

- here is an enhancement request #394398

- I am not sure if the Next EH request is what I exactly need. Generally saying it would be nice to improve Event Handling on Test Suite level and also add such Events:
- onTestSuiteEnter
- onTestSuiteExit
- onTestCaseEnter
- onTestCaseExit

This would allow to manipulate with apllication states quite reliable.

And here comes one more point: is there some way to organize hierarchy of test suites?

Thanks,
Alex
Previous Topic:Tools tip
Next Topic:Cannot Map into category
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:03:40 GMT 2024