Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Whats a trick to compile in eclipse when you have jars with just source files?
Whats a trick to compile in eclipse when you have jars with just source files? [message #971639] Mon, 05 November 2012 02:29
Ray Ray is currently offline Ray RayFriend
javac will compile classes even if the classes they need only contain java files and no class files (added to classpath of course)

javac can not compile them if you use optfiles and I am guessing eclipse does something similar with it class compilers...however..I am stuck often enough with apps like this and eclipse wont compile my apps because many jars only hava source files and no classes.

Does anyone know of a way/setting to get eclipse to compile in this scenario?

These are all webapps btw.

PS - please dont say compile up the jars...if it was that quick and easy for the apps I am dealing with (13000 jars in one for ex)...I would have considered it Smile

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2012 03:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Whats the best way to add complex external web apps sources/projects as new projects in eclipse?
Next Topic:Good learning book/material for importing/compiling practices in eclipse(j2ee/jee)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:46:50 GMT 2024