Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse is unable to find the correct include path(Seems like Eclipse recognises gcc 4.7.2 as gcc 4.7.1)
Eclipse is unable to find the correct include path [message #967583] Thu, 01 November 2012 21:50 Go to next message
Sándor Korbel is currently offline Sándor KorbelFriend
Hello, when I make a new empty c++ project I get these warnings:

Quote:

Invalid project path: Include path not found (/usr/include/c++/4.7.1/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.1/include-fixed).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.1/include).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/usr/include/c++/4.7.1/backward).
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/usr/include/c++/4.7.1).

I'm using GCC 4.7.2. Its include paths are missing from the project so when I include <iostream> Eclipse tells me that it cannot be found but the project builds fine.

Why is CDT unable to detect the version of gcc correctly? Any suggestons how to fix it?
Re: Eclipse is unable to find the correct include path [message #971978 is a reply to message #967583] Mon, 05 November 2012 09:05 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Open Windows->Preferences and go to page C++->Build_>Settings. Open the tab Discovery and select GCC Builtin Compiler Settings. The click the "Clear Entries" button on the right side. Eclipse will then recheck the include paths (I assumed that the command gcc will call gcc-4.7.2).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:new installation of eclipse-CDT does not understand C++ language
Next Topic:G++ not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:31:46 GMT 2024